UPS Where you want it
You can make your own sub-circuit by simply plugging the inlet battery charger plug into the wall socket and using the Inverter outlet with a multi-plug strip for required items ( the battery should not be more than 70cms from the inverter). Automatically the switch control will give default to grid power when available, switching to battery power when it goes below 180Vac or above 290 Vac Systems start as low as R 4.700
Connection through Distribution Board
We advise that you contract with a Registered Electrical Engineer for installation or appoint RR solar as your supplier /installer. The auto-switching range of Hybrid inverters off grid or grid tie from 1,000W to 10Kw, and solar panels from 1 Kw up to 10Kw combined systems installed start as low as R23.000 excluding solar panels and R38,000 with panels.
For a free quote click contact us with your contact and brief requirements for a quote .
HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES APPROXIMATE WATT USAGE .
CALCULATE THE INVERTER SIZE YOU NEED AND HOW MUCH BATTERY STORAGE TO COVER THE HOURS REQUIRED
Sustainable use of electricity is a necessity
All sectors of the economy can reap major benefits from implementing energy efficiency policies. By optimising processes and plant efficiency, companies reduce input costs, increase their return
on investment and could gain from proposed future tax incentives which are currently being investigated by government. As an added benefit, reduced energy consumption means reduced environmental impact, an important part of the "triple bottom line."
A century ago, a supply of electricity was a luxury and continuity of supply was not assured. People were accustomed to occasional power failures and were well prepared to deal with them.
With the arrival of the electronic age, however, a constant, unwavering power supply became essential. Even in places like remote rural areas or far out at sea, people demand a quality supply of electricity.
Computers and other electronic equipment need an uninterrupted supply of power to perform correctly. To meet this demand, a variety of devices can be used.
These installations should be carried out by a qualified registered electrician in accordance with the requirements laid out in the SABS specifications (SANS 10142-1:2006) and the Occupational Health and Safety Act with an emphasis on safety, as any common simultaneous connections between the grid and standby supplies will have dangerous and explosive consequences.
Calculate Watts to battery storage: Total watts per hour divided by 12 multiplied by hours required equals Amp storage required.
For long deep-cycle battery life 50% to 70% of capacity is the usable storage depending on choice of battery quality.
Criteria for assessing the need for an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) function
The need for a UPS or backup supply will depend on whether the client decides if the use of his equipment/appliances is essential or not. It is here that some clients may need to be advised of the costs versus the "needs", as these could become too prohibitive.
Some questions and pointers to assist in determining what product is best suited to meet individual needs:
• What is the budget?
• What are their critical or essential needs, and does their budget allow these needs to be met? A trade- off between perceived need and critical need must be made with reference to budget constraints
• How sensitive is the equipment or the appliances to "noisy" or unstable supplies, e.g, spikes, surges, dips, irregular supply, etc.?
• What unit is best suited to meet their critical needs (i.e., is only enough time required to shut down computers or other appliances to continue operating for the estimated duration of the power outage?).This is another important consideration, as the longer the backup time, the more expensive it becomes
• Where to position the UPS and associated equipment.
• Do they want it to operate through the electrical installation or is it going to be plugged into a socket outlet, i.e., do they want a DIY type unit or something more sophisticated?
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 033330 2844 -082767 7366
N O T I C E
It is not essential to connect the UPS Inverter system to your Distribution Board, it is just one option which may be convenient under certain circumstances. Contact us to discuss the alternatives.